I am currently a Visiting Postdoctoral Associate at the University of Maryland College Park. I study categories and use them to study network design and representation theory. I like Grothendieck fibrations, thermodynamics, representation stability, network theory, categorification, -algebra, combinatorics, linear logic…
jmoeller31415 at gmail dot com
- Ph.D. Mathematics, University of California, Riverside, 2020
Thesis: The Grothendieck Construction in Categorical Network Theory
Adviser: John Carlos Baez
- M.S. Mathematics, University of California, Riverside, 2020
- B.S. Pure Mathematics, University of California, Riverside, 2015
manga cum laude
- University of Maryland, College Park
Visiting Postdoctoral Associate
2023 – Present
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
National Research Council Postdoctoral Associate
2021 – 2023
- Extensions of representation stable categories, 2022
- Schur functors and categorified plethysm
John Carlos Baez, Joe Moeller, Todd Trimble
accepted in Higher Structures, 2023.
- Compositional thermostatics
John Carlos Baez, Owen Lynch, Joe Moeller
Journal of Mathematical Physics, Vol. 64, Iss. 2, 2023.
- Network models from Petri nets with catalysts
John Carlos Baez, John Foley, Joe Moeller
Compositionality, Volume 1, Issue 4, 2019.
- Noncommutative network models
Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, Volume 30, Issue 1, pages 14-32, 2020
- Monoidal Grothendieck construction
Joe Moeller, Christina Vasilakopoulou
Theory and Applications of Categories, Vol. 35, 2020, No. 31, pp 1159-1207.
- Network models
John Carlos Baez, John Foley, Joe Moeller, Blake Pollard
Theory and Applications of Categories, Vol. 35, 2020, No. 20, pp 700-744.